Over time and with many years of experience, we have learned that a partnership with the patient and their family offers the best possible outcome. The Surgical Care Services Staff offers excellent service to every patient by providing clear communication, exceptional pain management, safety, and privacy. Surgical experience begins the moment you learn that surgery is necessary. The entire experience involves the weeks prior to surgery, the day of surgery, the hospital stay, and discharge home.
- General Surgery
Receiving Anesthesia Services:
- A phone interview is scheduled to discuss health history.
- Complete ordered tests after the phone interview.
- Decision regarding the choice of anesthesia will be made by the patient, surgeon and anesthesia provider
Receiving Local or IV sedation (administered by your surgeon):
- Health history will be discussed upon arrival for procedure.
- Be prepared to discuss:
- Allergies to medications, food and the environment
- Current Medications including prescriptions, inhalers, aspirin, blood thinners, vitamins, herbs and dietary supplements.
- Previous surgeries and any problems as a result of those surgeries.
Surgical Care Clinic Hours
Surgeries are scheduled Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Members of the Surgical Care Services team are on call 24/7 and respond within thirty minutes of being paged.